Sunday, June 7, 2009

Speidi and Their Claim to Fame


"I'm too rich and I'm too famous to be sitting with these people, and cleaning up their shit in the jungle, my man. And this cast is devaluing our fame right now. I'm sitting next to VH1 comedians that I've never even seen before. Stars of shows get treated like stars dude." - Spencer Pratt


If all you have to do to become famous these days is to go on a reality show, then sign me up. But if I end up like Spencer and Heidi, then I take it back! After being two of the characters on "The Hills", Spencer and Heidi joined an NBC show to help win money for charity. Recently on the NBC reality show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (only four days after the show began) Spencer and Heidi wanted out of the show so they called the big boss of NBC, Ben Silverman and had a chat. Spencer took the liberty upon himself to talk, and he gave such a, not so, brilliant statement. I mean, come on, not to burst your bubble Spencer, but I'm pretty sure that, even though a lot of the other celebrities on the show aren't so famous, you are in no way more famous than a Baldwin brother and ex-supermodel Janice Dickinson. Oh, I'm sorry, I take that back. I forgot about all those 16 year old girls that are obsessed with "The Hills". Well anyway, so it's kind of ridiculous how Spencer and Heidi were ever even given the opportunity to become famous. Spencer and Heidi are just obsessed with the publicity and they'll do anything to get it. After leaving the show, then coming back, there are now claims that Heidi was rushed to the hospital and was diagnosed with a gastric ulcer. Spencer and Heidi claim that her ulcer is from stress and all the "torture" from being on the show. Really, I mean, REALLY? No one forced them to do the show, and we all know it's just a plot for them to "sue" NBC and try to get some more money. I thought they were too rich to be on the show?

Even though reality tv has become the core of ratings for networks these days, what has it come to? Apparently finding some 20-somethings with nothing but drama is the way to make some money. It's also funny that they even called "The Hills" a "reality" tv show. I find nothing more stupid than watching Spencer and Heidi on tv, and that's why I don't do it. Those two people should not be allowed to be making thousands of dollars to be on tv. Their claim to fame will soon end, because as a lot of us know, they have no real talents. Heidi can continue attempting to be a singer, and starting up a flip-flop and bikini line, but once that quickly fades away, so will the once popular couple known as "Speidi". Just a memo to those two: enjoy it while it lasts, you will soon amount to nothing and will have to find another way to support yourselves, because quite honestly, MTV isn't going to help you stay famous forever. That's all, have a nice life Speidi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment